Yellow Squash Blueberry Protein Bread
Move over zucchini, yellow squash is the new favorite! The beauty of this recipe is that you would never guess that there was an entire squash in it! Made with delicious plump blueberries and hints of vanilla from our NutriBullet Organic Pea Protein Blend, a slice of this protein-packed bread is perfect for a pre or post workout snack or for breakfast!
- 1 ½ Cups Yellow Squash
- ¾ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Scoop NutriBullet Organic Pea Protein Blend
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Honey or Agave Nectar
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 Whole Eggs, plus 2 Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Blueberries, dried or fresh
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a medium sized bowl underneath the Veggie Bullet chute. Line the bowl with kitchen towel. Using the Shredder attachment, shred the yellow squash. Squeeze liquid out of the squash and remove the kitchen towel from the bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- In the same medium sized bowl used for the squash, mix vanilla, honey, coconut oil, and eggs together and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in thirds until all the batter is mixed well and combined. Do not overmix the batter.
- Gently fold in the squash and blueberries into the batter.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and pour the batter into pan. Spread evenly and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.