This salad is an amazing twist on the classic Waldorf recipe! It leaves you feeling refreshed and satisfied, not heavy and lethargic like the classic version. Lightened with Greek yogurt and crunchy parsnip noodles, this Waldorf salad is the perfect side dish or meal any time of the day!
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives
- 1 Cup Seedless Red Grapes
- 3 Large Parsnips, peeled
- ⅓ Cup Toasted Walnuts
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Sea Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ⅓ Cup Low Fat Mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Lime Juice
Steps to Prepare
- Halve grapes and set aside. Spiralize parsnip with the Spiralizer Blade into a bowl. Slice celery and chives with Slicer Blade into the bowl of parsnip. In the same bowl, shred walnuts with the Shredder Blade.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, Greek yogurt, orange and lime juices, salt, and pepper. Toss salad with 1/3 of the dressing at a time until vegetables and nuts are well coated. Toss in the halved grapes and garnish with additional walnut pieces and chives, if desired.
- Add 1 diced chicken breast or 1 cup of diced tofu to the salad for a complete meal!
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.