Vietnamese Shrimp Spring Rolls with Almond Butter Dipping Sauce
Vietnamese Spring rolls are such a fun way of incorporating colorful vegetables into your diet! With the help of the Veggie Bullet, your spring roll prep time will be cut to just minutes! Assemble the rolls ahead of time or make a fun activity out of it by having your friends or family create their own! It's a great way to get everyone, especially the kiddos, involved in cooking!
- 4 Ounces Vermicelli Noodles, or thin rice noodles (optional)
- 1 Pound Shrimp, cooked and peeled (16-20 pieces)
- Sheets Rice Paper
- 1 Medium Cucumber, peeled
- 1 Large Jicama Bulb, peeled
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut in half with seeds and ribs removed
- ¼ Red Cabbage
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Bunch Mint
- 1 Bunch Thai Basil
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Smooth Almond Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Liquid Aminos
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey or Agave
- 1 Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
Steps to Prepare
- Using the Veggie Bullet blender cup, add all dipping sauce ingredients (almond butter, liquid aminos, water, lime juice, honey, and red pepper flakes) into the cup and blend until smooth. Store in the refrigerator until spring rolls are assembled and ready to eat!
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package. Cool and set aside.
- Using the Spiralizer attachment, spiralize the cucumber and place into a small bowl.
- Using the Shredder/Slicer attachment, place the shredding side face up, and shred the jicama into “rice” consistency and place into another small bowl.
- Flip the blade to the Slicer side, and slice the bell pepper and cabbage. Arrange your vegetables to facilitate spring roll assembly.
- To assemble the spring rolls, pour hot water into a shallow dish and submerge the spring roll papers one at a time, into the hot water to soften for about 10-15 seconds.
- Transfer the spring roll paper onto a damp towel, or cutting board, and spread out the edges of each spring roll paper evenly.
- Add a small handful of the vermicelli noodles, a few pieces of cucumber, red pepper, cabbage, fresh herbs, jicama rice, and 1-2 shrimp onto the bottom third of the spring roll paper. Gently fold over once, tucking the edges, and continue rolling until the seam of the wrapper is sealed.
- Repeat until all of your filling ingredients are used up. Keep a damp towel over the finished spring rolls.
- Enjoy with the dipping sauce!
- For a lower carb option, do not use the noodles.
- Shrimp can be substituted with tofu or pre-cooked chicken or salmon.
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.