Turmeric Zucchini Kale Cakes
Wait until you try these scrumptious veggie cakes! The tasty, nutritious properties of wholesome ingredients like kale, zucchini, turmeric, russet potato, egg whites and garlic powder form a superhero dish that’ll win your approval at first bite. Sauté to golden brown perfection for a crispy on the outside, steamy on the inside delicious veggie treat. Bon Appetit!
- 1 Zucchini, cut to fit chute
- ½ Russet Potato, peeled and cut to fit chute
- 2 Cups Kale, stems removed
- 1 ¼ Cups Almond Flour
- 2 Egg Whites, beated
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil, divided
Steps to Prepare
- Using the Shredder/Slicer attachment, shred the zucchini, then the potato into a medium size bowl. Place the shredded veggies into a cheesecloth, or a kitchen towel, and ring out all excess liquid. Put some muscle into it! Place mixture back into the bowl and underneath the Veggie Bullet chute.
- Next, shred all the kale into the same bowl and mix everything together. Add all ingredients except the oil, and mix well, or until combined. Form small, round patties, about ½ inch thick each.
- In a large pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Add a few cakes to the pan, but do not overcrowd the pan. Cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- If mixture seems too wet, add 1 additional tablespoon of flour at a time until mixture comes together.
- For a vegan option, make 2 flax eggs with 4 tablespoons of flax meal and 5 tablespoons of filtered water mixed together. Allow It to rest for 5 to 10 minutes for it to thicken, then add it to your cakes!
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.