Three Bean Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Avocado Sauce
Packed with whole foods and fiber, this is a delicious vegetarian meal that can be prepared easily with the Veggie Bullet, an all-in-one electric spiralizer, shredder and slicer! A protein-packed combination of black beans, chickpeas, and edamame keeps you full and satisfied, while the creamy avocado sauce adds a kick to the dish that your taste buds will love. Try the recipe with a sprinkle of sesame seeds for an extra level of flavor!
Find this and other healthy Veggie Bullet recipes by Raquel on Pretty Pretty Pineapple!
- 2 Large Zucchinis
- 15 Ounces Black Beans, Canned and Drained
- 15 Ounces Garbanzo Beans, Canned
- 1 Cup Shelled Edamame
- 1 Large Bell Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- Black Sesame Seeds, to garnish (optional)
- 1 Avocado
- ¼ Cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- To Taste Sea Salt
- To Taste Pepper
Steps to Prepare
- Cut ends off of zucchini and spiralize using the Veggie Bullet
- On a large cutting board, take a handful of zucchini noodles and slice a couple of times so that no one noodle is too long to eat. Set aside zucchini noodles in a bowl lined with a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Remove Spiralizer blade and chute and replace with the Slicing blade and unit.
- Remove the stems from the bell peppers and de-seed. Load peppers into to the Veggie Bullet chute and slice using the Slicing blade. Set aside.
- In separate sauce pans, cook black beans and garbanzo beans over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes. Feel free to add seasoning here if desired (salt, pepper, taco seasoning, etc.).
- In a large pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and warm to medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, sliced bell peppers, and spiralized zucchini. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender. Be careful not to overcook (the noodles can go from firm to soggy pretty quickly if left unattended).
- Microwave frozen shelled edamame beans according to the package and set aside.
- Prepare the spicy avocado sauce by combining the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- The zucchini noodles, bell peppers, garbanzo beans, and shelled edamame can be layered individually in small bowls or combined in a large bowl for serving.
- Drizzle with spicy avocado sauce and sprinkle black sesame seeds if desired.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.