Sweet Potato Noodles with Spinach Pesto and Pecans
Raquel of Pretty Pretty Pineapple absolutely loves this sweet potato noodle dish with spinach pesto, crunchy pecans and snap pea crisps! She recommends using pale sweet potato, which has a light yellow skin and a pale yellow flesh. It’s not as sweet as its darker counterpart, which has a thick, dark orange skin and a bright orange flesh. The subtle sweetness goes well with the fresh, savory pesto and creamy goat cheese, making this recipe a delicious dinner idea!
Check out this and other tasty Veggie Bullet recipes on Pretty Pretty Pineapple!
- 1 Medium Pale Sweet Potato
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- ¾ Cup Pesto Sauce of Choice
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- ¼ Cup Raw Pecans
- ¼ Cup Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1 Handful Snap Pea Crisps, optional
Steps to Prepare
- Select a white sweet potato that is thin enough to fit through the Veggie Bullet chute. Peel sweet potato and cut both ends off to create a flat surface on each side.
- Spiralize sweet potato using your Veggie Bullet.
- Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Cook sweet potato noodles 8-10 minutes, stir frequently to cook evenly.
- Once cooked, transfer the sweet potato noodles to a large bowl.
- Use the Veggie Bullet Shredder Blade to shred the fresh spinach into the large bowl with the noodles.
- Use the Veggie Bullet Slicer Blade to chop the pecans into the large bowl of noodles.
- Add pesto sauce to cooked noodles. Mix in goat cheese crumbles and snap pea crisps. Toss and serve.
- If you cannot find a white sweet potato, try a yam that has yellow skin.
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.