Sweet Potato Kale Breakfast Hash
The perfect hearty breakfast for a weekend morning, this dish is not only filling, but also loaded with healthy veggies and protein to get your day started right.
Time to Prepare
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- ½ White Onion
- 4 Leaves Lacinato Kale
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (optional)
- ¼ Teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ Teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Crush Red Pepper Flakes
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil, plus 1 additional tablespoon, split
Steps to Prepare
- Use the Shredder Blade to shred the sweet potato. Switch to the Slicer Blade to slice up the kale and onion. Finely slice the red bell pepper if using. Keep the prepped ingredients separate.
- Heat ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the finely shredded sweet potatoes, sliced onion, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Add sliced red pepper.
- Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are cooked through and fork-tender, browning slightly at the edges (about 15 minutes). Add kale into the skillet during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Stir well.
- In a separate nonstick pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, crack eggs into the skillet and cover for 3 to 5 minutes until the whites are set. Feel free to cook longer if you prefer.
- Portion the hash brown mixture onto 2 plates and top each with one egg. Season with additional salt, pepper, and red chili flakes as desired.
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.