Summer is here and it’s time to start thinking about those delicious, crisp salads we love to make when the sun shines longer. This year, try our new recipe for a healthy twist on a seasonal favorite. Cucumber, radish, pineapple, red onion, blueberries, cilantro and citrus juice combine to make crunchy, sweet bowls-of-soul to enjoy all summer long. Garnish with edible flowers for style points!
- 1 Medium English Cucumber, peeled and cut to fit chute
- 3 Medium Radishes, ends removed
- ¼ Pineapple, cut to fit chute
- ½ Red Onion, cut to fit chute
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- ½ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- ⅓ Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
Steps to Prepare
- Place a large salad bowl underneath the Veggie Bullet chute. Using the Slicer attachment, slice the radishes, pineapple, and red onion into the bowl and set aside.
- Remove the Slicer/Shredder attachment and place on the Spiralizing attachment. With the standard blade, spiralize the cucumber, and place the noodles into the same bowl as the other ingredients.
- Toss in the blueberries, cilantro, lemon and orange juice, oil, salt, and pepper and toss. Adjust seasonings as desired, and garnish with edible flowers and serve!
- Add a splash of color by garnishing this fresh summer salad with 1/2 cup of edible flowers!
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.