“Spaghetti” and Meatballs
Pasta is back on the menu with ZERO guilt! Your family will have no idea something so delicious can also be so good for them. Made with tender zucchini noodles and flavorful lean turkey meatballs, this comforting Italian dish with a healthy twist will have everyone coming back for seconds!
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley
- 5 Large Zucchinis, trimmed ends
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Low Sodium Marinara Sauce
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Secure the Shredder/Slicer Attachment and shred the parsley, garlic, and onion into a large bowl with the Shredder Blade. In a small bowl, shred Parmesan cheese.
- In the large bowl, mix in turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, and Italian herb seasoning thoroughly.
- Line a baking pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Form golf ball-sized meatballs and line meatballs on the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, switch to the Spiralizer Attachment and spiralize the zucchini with the Spiralizer Blade. With a kitchen towel, lightly pat dry zucchini to remove excess liquid. Transfer zucchini to a medium bowl and toss with salt.
- In a small pot over medium heat, heat marinara sauce and cooked meatballs to a gentle boil. Simmer on low heat.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large serving bowl. Pour sauce and meatballs over zoodles and top with Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and parsley.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.