Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice Tower
Forget California rolls and the overpriced, high-sodium poke joints! This shrimp and cauliflower rice tower is so light, fresh, and full of flavor, you will never miss poke bowls again!
- 1 Head Cauliflower, medium
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Small Cucumber, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Unseasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Veganaise or Low-Fat Mayo, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley Leaves, chopped
- 1 Medium Avocado, diced
- 8 Ounces Cooked Shrimp, peeled with tails removed, cubed
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds or Furikake
Steps to Prepare
- Place a large mixing bowl underneath the Veggie Bullet chute. Run the cauliflower through the Shredder attachment.
- In a medium sized sauté pan on medium heat, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil and sauté cauliflower rice for 3 to 4 minutes. Place back into the same bowl and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place a medium sized bowl underneath the Veggie Bullet chute. Run the cucumbers through the Slicer attachment and set aside.
- Once cauliflower rice has cooled, add liquid aminos, rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of veganaise, and parsley and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of veganaise to the shrimp and toss.
- Use a 1-cup flat bottom dry measuring scoop and lightly spray it with non-stick spray. Layer 4 slices of cucumbers, 1-1/2 tbsp. avocado, ¼ of the shrimp, and 1/3 C of the cauliflower rice. Gently flip the measuring cup upside down onto a plate. Lightly tap the edges if necessary. Garnish with sesame seeds and/or furikake and serve!
- Shrimp can be substituted with tofu, or any sushi grade sashimi!
- Furikake is a sesame seed and seaweed blend. Can be used as a topping on salads, eggs, and fish!
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.