Sesame Salmon with Spicy Cucumber Noodles
These refreshing and flavorful noodles are light, crunchy, and beautiful to look at! Pair the fresh cucumber noodles with a honey and garlic marinated salmon that's been seared to perfection for a quick and delicious meal!
- 1 Clove Garlic, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons Lime, juiced plus 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 1 Teaspoon White Sesame Seeds, plus 1 teaspoon for serving
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 ½ Ounces Salmon Filets, skin on
- 2 Medium English Cucumbers
- 1 Small Carrot, peeled
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- ⅓ Cup Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger, freshly grated
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
Steps to Prepare
- Finely chop the garlic and whisk it into a bowl with the first 5 ingredients to make the marinade.
- Season salmon filets with salt and pepper and place into a resealable plastic bag. Add half the marinade with the salmon and let it marinate for 20 minutes while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Using the Spiralizer Blade, spiralize the cucumbers into a bowl. Repeat the same action with the carrot and set aside. Gently pat down the noodles with a kitchen towel to remove excess liquid.
- Whisk together the sesame oil, cilantro, sriracha, rice wine vinegar, ginger, salt, and pepper and set dressing aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium-high heat, and add salmon filets skin side up. Cook the salmon without flipping it, for 5 minutes, or until a nice sear forms on the outside. Flip the fish, and cook until done to taste, about 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Toss noodles with the dressing, and serve alongside the salmon! Garnish with additional sesame seeds and drizzle on a spoonful of the unused marinade.
- You will end up with leftover cucumber noodles. Use leftovers as a salad topping!
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.