Seared Shrimp with Broccoli and Cauliflower Grits
Shrimp and grits just got a makeover, and we've incorporated more nutritious and healthier ingredients! Broccoli and cauliflower grits will be your new star and favorite dish. This is a great way to sneak in more vegetables into your diet, and it keeps you full and satisfied!
- ½ Cup Grits, dry
- 8 Ounces Raw Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic, peeled, minced and divided
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Small Cauliflower Head, cut into chunks
- 1 Small Broccoli Head, cut into chunks
- ½ Cup Light Canned Coconut Milk
- ½ Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Steps to Prepare
- In a medium size pot, add 4 cups of water and allow to simmer for 5 to 8 minutes. Prepare grits as suggested on package.
- In a large plastic and resealable bag, combine shrimp, avocado oil, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Seal the bag and toss the ingredients to evenly coat the shrimps. Refrigerate as you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Place a large bowl underneath the Veggie Bullet chute. Using the Shredding attachment, shred all the cauliflower and broccoli into the bowl. Add cauliflower and broccoli rice to simmering water, stir occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes. Strain all excess liquid.
- In the Veggie Bullet blender, add half the cauliflower/broccoli mixture with half the coconut milk, and 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil and allow to blend until slightly chunky. Do not over blend the mixture or else it will turn into a mash. Blend remaining broccoli and cauliflower and transfer the blended vegetables back into the pot with lid to keep warm.
- Season grits with cayenne and salt, as desired.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add the coconut oil, and add the shrimp. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes, and until they turn light pink. Remove from the heat and serve on top vegetable mash and grits.
- Substitute shrimp for firm tofu for a vegetarian/vegan option!