Romaine Boats with Guacamole
Looking for a snack or light lunch that's packed with protein and healthy fats? Say hello to these tasty romaine boats! Filled with flavorful sautéed veggies and turkey and topped with creamy guacamole, this healthy recipe will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
- 2 Summer Squash
- 8 Ounces Mushrooms
- 2 Radishes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt, or to taste
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper, or to taste
- 1 Avocado
- ¼ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, quartered and juiced
- 1 Head Romaine, washed and halved
Steps to Prepare
- Using the Slicer Blade, slice the squash, mushrooms and radishes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and sauté the ground turkey, mushrooms, and tomatoes until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash avocado with cilantro and lime juice.
- Spoon sautéed mixture into 12 romaine halves and top with mashed avocado and radish slices.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.