Roasted Garlic Fig Spread
A cheese board is never complete without a jam or spread of some kind. The sweet and savory flavors of this spread, combined with the slight crunch of the fig seeds, is simply culinary heaven. It makes the perfect addition to any cheese board at your next dinner party!
- 1 Head Garlic
- 5 Figs
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Herbes de Provence or Italian Seasoning
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and discard outer layers of the garlic bulb, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Cut ¼ inch from the top of the cloves, exposing the individual cloves of the garlic. Drizzle 1 ½ tsp. of oil over the garlic bulb and use fingers to rub the oil all over the garlic cloves. Cover the bulb in aluminum foil tightly, and place onto a baking sheet.
- Cut the figs in half, and place them face side down onto the same baking sheet as the garlic bulb. Drizzle salt, pepper, and 1 tsp. of oil over the figs.
- Bake the garlic and figs for 30-35 minutes. If figs look soft and cooked first, remove them from the baking sheet and allow the garlic to cook longer.
- Once garlic and figs are cooked, allow to cool before touching. Once cooled, pop out the garlic cloves from the bulb, and place into the Veggie Bullet Blender Cup. Add in all remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture resembles a chunky rustic jam.
- Spoon into a decorative bowl and serve with goat cheese or gorgonzola, as well as various crackers and breads.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet yet? You can also make this delicious spread with your NutriBullet!