Quinoa-Stuffed Bell Peppers
Looking for a fun way to eat quinoa? Try the Quinoa-Stuffed Bell Peppers, made with fresh and crisp veggies and topped with dallop of flavorful Carrot Top Pesto and nutrient-dense microgreens!
Wonderful by themselves or paired with grilled chicken, fish, or steak, these festive stuffed peppers are easy to make and easy to store — keeping fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Time to Prepare
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Bell Peppers, halved, scooped and seeded
- 1 Cup Baby Arugula
- ¼ Red Cabbage
- ⅛ Cup Carrot Greens
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ⅛ Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Cup Quinoa, cooked
- ½ Tablespoon Almonds, toasted
- ½ Clove Garlic
- ½ Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Honey
Steps to Prepare
- To prepare the Carrot Top Pesto, add the toasted almonds, chopped carrot tops, garlic clove, Parmesan, salt, honey, lemon juice and zest, and extra virgin olive oil to a NutriBullet, food processor, or blender and process until the ingredients form an evenly-textured paste.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package or directions on page 43 of the Veggie Bullet Cookbook. Set aside to cool.
- Lay cleaned bell peppers onto a clean surface. Scoop half of the quinoa into each bell pepper.
- Top with shredded cabbage, sliced grape tomatoes and microgreens. Garnish with a dollop of Carrot Top Pesto (roughly 2 tablespoons per pepper).
- To make a larger batch of the Carrot Top Pesto ahead of time, see page 128 of the Veggie Bullet Cookbook.
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.