Quick and Easy Cauliflower Bolognese
Here’s a Bolognese you just have to try! It has all the flavor and character of the classic we know and love but uses shredded cauliflower instead of meat. With this vegan Bolognese, you can have as much as you want without feeling heavy afterwards. It’s eclectic, nutritious and popping with flavor! Dinner is served!
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cut to fit chute
- ½ Yellow Onion, cut to fit chute
- 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 15 Ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Steps to Prepare
- Using the Slicer/Shredder attachment, slice all the cauliflower and onions into separate bowls and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, add the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic and sauté for another 4 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pan and increase the heat to medium-high. Allow the sauce to boil and then reduce and thicken, about 8 minutes. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Pour over lentil pasta, or keep it low-carb and pour on top of zucchini noodles!
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.