Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp
Easy to prepare and low in empty carbohydrates, the light and fresh Pesto Zucchini Noodle makes an excellent dish that'll fill you up without weighing you down. Shrimp is the perfect protein to perch atop these pesto-coated noodles, adding delicate brininess and unique texture to the soft crunch of zucchini.
Time to Prepare
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon Almonds, toasted
- ¼ Cup Carrot Greens, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Honey
- ¼ Lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, split
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Pound Shrimp, cleaned and de-veined
Steps to Prepare
- To prepare the Carrot Top Pesto, add the toasted almonds, chopped carrot tops, garlic clove, Parmesan, salt, honey, lemon juice and zest, and 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to a NutriBullet, food processor, or blender and process until the ingredients form an evenly-textured paste.
- Spiralize zucchini using the spiralized and the Veggie Bullet. Set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and stir until firm and opaque on each side, about 2-4 minutes depending on size. Transfer shrimp to a separate dish and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed. Add zucchini noodles and pesto, sautéeing until al dente, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add shrimp, and toss to fully mix.
- To make a larger batch of the Carrot Top Pesto ahead of time, see page 128 of the Veggie Bullet Cookbook.
- This recipe can also be prepared with 1/2 cup of traditional pesto in place of 1/2 cup of Carrot Top Pesto.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.