Paleo Broccoli and Cauliflower Chicken Bake
“Light” and “comfort food” usually don’t go hand-in-hand, but this recipe’s about to change all that. This broccoli and cauliflower chicken bake is filled with hearty vegetables and succulent chicken breasts, all coated in a creamy and dairy-free sauce that’s loaded with flavor. It’ll warm you up without weighing you down!
- ½ Head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- ½ Yellow Onion, cut to fit chute
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Pre-Cooked Chicken Breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 Teaspoon Ghee
- 1 Cup Low-Fat Unsweetened Coconut Milk, from a can
- ½ Cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Arrowroot Powder or Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using the Slicer/Shredder attachment, shred the cauliflower, broccoli, and onion into a bowl. Add garlic and cubed chicken and toss all together.
- Grease a 9x9 casserole dish, or small baking dish with ghee, pour in all the veggies and chicken and spread evenly.
- In a small saucepan, add coconut milk and bone broth on medium heat. Bring to a simmer, about 8 minutes, just until bubbles start to form around the edges, but doesn’t boil.
- Whisk in flour and continue to whisk and simmer for about a minute, or until the sauce starts to thicken and all clumps are mostly gone.
- Whisk in all seasonings, and adjust as desired.
- Pour sauce evenly over the veggies and chicken and bake for about 30 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- For a vegan option, Substitute bone broth, ghee, and chicken for vegetables stock, avocado oil, and mushrooms!
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.