One Pan Wonder: Greek Yogurt Lemon Chicken with Sautéed Vegetables
One-pan dinners are no-brainers. They're easy to make and easier to enjoy! Delicious lemony chicken seasoned to perfection with sautéed veggies and cauliflower rice on the side? Yes, please!
No time? No problem! With the Veggie Bullet, you can whip up a wonderful dinner for your family or the perfect dish for meal prep in record time!
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breasts or Thighs, bone in
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt, divided
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Medium Yellow Onion
- ½ Medium Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- ⅓ Cup Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Head Cauliflower, small
- ⅓ Cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- ⅓ Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts, roughly 15 ounces
Steps to Prepare
- In a resealable bag, put the chicken pieces, oregano, salt, pepper, rosemary, lemon juice, yogurt, and ¼ cup olive oil and toss together until chicken is well coated. Marinate for 20 minutes, or up to an hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, slice the onions, red bell pepper, and zucchini with the Slicer Blade into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, slice the olives and set aside. Flip the blade onto the Shredder side, and shred cauliflower to get rice grain consistency and place into a separate bowl. Use the Shredder Blade and shred the garlic into a separate bowl.
- In a large cast iron skillet, cook chicken for 4 to 5 minute on each side. Transfer cooked chicken onto a plate, cover with foil, and set aside.
- In the same pan on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil if necessary, add the onions, red pepper, zucchini, garlic, and cauliflower rice, and sauté until soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the stock and water and return the chicken pieces back into the pan. Toss in artichokes, and a splash of more lemon juice. Cover and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and top with olives, and parsley before serving.
- Chicken can be marinated up to a few days in advance to cut your prep time in half!
- For a vegetarian option, replace the chicken for lentils, Portobello mushrooms, or even some tempeh! Substitute the chicken stock for low sodium vegetable stock.
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.