Half omelet, half frittata, and 100 percent good for you! The Omelettata is a breeze to make, and with your Veggie Bullet, you can cut the prep time in half! Packed with all of the best veggies, like broccoli, mushrooms, and onions, it's a great, nutrient-rich breakfast to start your day!
Of course, no one’s stopping you from enjoying the Omelettata for lunch or dinner. Find this and other healthy recipes on Rachael’s Good Eats!
- ¾ Medium Zucchini
- ⅓ Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ Cup Red Onion
- ¼ Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, split
- ½ Cup Broccoli, roasted
- 2 Eggs, free range
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, or seasoning of choice
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Almond Milk
Steps to Prepare
- Using your Veggie Bullet, spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
- Switch to the Slicer Blade to slice the mushrooms and red onion.
- Using a knife, cut the red bell pepper into very thin strips and set aside.
- Turn the oven on broil (high - 500 F). In an 8-inch cast iron skillet, heat olive oil and add the onion and mushroom to cook for 5 minutes. Add spiralized zucchini and roasted broccoli and toss for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, almond milk and spices in a bowl. Spray the skillet again with oil to coat the pan, then pour egg mixture over the top.
- Let cook on medium for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown and starting to cave in.
- Assemble red bell pepper strips into a heart and place in the center of the eggs. Move entire skillet to oven on broil and let cook for about 3 minutes or until fluffy and starting to brown.
- Not a fan of red pepper flakes? Season the dish with chili powder, turmeric, ground black pepper, or other spices of your choice.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.