Miso Zoodle Soup in a Jar
Since layering ingredients in jars is so much fun, why not layer up a soup in one, too? All you need to do is add water! How simple! Soup is back on the menu, and it’s a great meal to take on the go! You can even heat it up quickly and easily when you are busy at work.
- 1 Small Zucchini, with ends removed
- 3 Small Shiitake Mushrooms
- 3 Baby Carrots
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger, freshly grated
- 1 Clove Garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Liquid Aminos
- 1 Teaspoon White Miso Paste
- 1 Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ Cup Firm Tofu, drained and cubed
- ½ Cup Spinach
- 2 ½ Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
Steps to Prepare
- Using the Spiralizer attachment with the udon blade, spiralize the zucchini and place into a medium size bowl.
- Remove the Spiralizer attachment, and place the Shredder/Slicer attachment onto the Veggie Bullet base. Using the Slicer blade, slice the mushrooms into the same medium size bowl.
- Flip the blade to the shredding side and shred the carrots into the same bowl.
- In the jar or container of your choice, place the ginger, garlic, liquid aminos, miso paste, and red pepper flakes into the bottom of the jar as the first layer. Secondly, place the tofu cubes inside the jar. And lastly, add a generous handful of the vegetable mixture, and top with spinach leaves. When you are ready to eat, fill the jar with boiling water and put the lid on.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, and swirl the jar around so the bottom seasonings gets mixed throughout the jar. Pour into a bowl, or eat it straight out of the jar!
- Substitute vegetable stock with any other stock (chicken, beef) or hot water.
- Prepare the ingredients in advance and add liquid for a quick on-the-go meal!
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.