Green Goddess Salad
A refreshing salad fit for a Goddess! I absolutely love the combination of fresh spinach and avocado paired with warm zoodles and asparagus. This dish can also be prepared vegan if the sweet apple chicken sausage is omitted. The portions are single-serving which makes it ideal for a fit and easy lunch for one!
Find this and other delicious Veggie Bullet recipes by Raquel on Pretty Pretty Pineapple!
- 1 Handful Spinach
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Zucchini
- 6 Spears Asparagus
- 1 Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage Link (optional)
- 2 Small Green Tomatoes
- ½ Avocado
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Black Sesame Seeds (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- Place spinach in a single-serving salad bowl.
- Cut ends off of zucchini and spiralize using the Veggie Bullet's Spiralizer Blade.
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat. Add spiralized zucchini and spritz with olive oil spray. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss over heat for 2-3 minutes to soften, maintaining a bit of firmness so you don't end up with soggy zoodles. Add spiralized zucchini to salad bowl.
- Trim about 1/2-1 inch off the bottom of the asparagus spears. Slice sausage. Cook asparagus and sausage in the same pan as the zucchini for 3-4 minutes. Spritz with olive oil as it cooks. Add cooked asparagus and sausage to salad bowl.
- Peel, pit, and dice avocado. Slice tomato into quarters with a knife. Add both to the salad bowl. Garnish with black sesame seeds.
- The sweet apple chicken sausage should provide plenty of flavor, but feel free to top with 1 tablespoon of your favorite salad dressing. Anything goes!
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.