Fill avocaodos with refreshing, crunchy vegetables and buttery edamame for a fun and tasty lunch or side dish! Try the fresh confetti salad with a sweet and flavorful Sesame Vinaigrette or swap this recipe for the Rainbow Confetti Salad. Can't decide? Make both!
To ramp up the protein, try this recipe with lean ground turkey or flaked roasted salmon.
Time to Prepare
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- ¼ Red Cabbage
- 3 Leaves Kale
- 2 Large Carrots
- 3 Radishes
- ¾ Cup Shelled Edamame
- 4 Avocados
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 2 ⅔ Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
Steps to Prepare
- Prepare the Sesame Vinaigrette by combining the rice vinegar, honey (or agave), and salt in a small bowl. Set it aside.
- Using the Slicer Blade, chop the cabbage and kale. Use the Shredder Blade to shred the carrots and radishes. Add to a large bowl with edamame and vinaigrette, and toss to distribute.
- Arrange avocado halves on a platter. Spoon the confetti salad into the spaces where the pits used to be. Feel free to overfill as much as you’d like.
- This salad makes enough to fill 8 avocados, plus extra. Feel free to serve the extra salad alongside the boats, or to store for later use
- To make a larger batch of the Sesame Vinaigrette ahead of time, see page 122 of the Veggie Bullet Cookbook.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.