Easy Pickled Veggies
Making your own batch of pickled vegetables is super easy and super tasty! All you need to do is toss slices of fresh cucumber, red onion, carrots, and radishes into a clean jar with a handful of other ingredients that you probably already have. Sweet, savory, and tangy, these homemade pickled veggies can brighten up any meal and add a satisfying crunch that you can’t get enough of!
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 ½ Cups White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Large Carrot, cut to fit chute
- ½ English Cucumber, cut to fit chute
- 3 Large Radishes, ends trimmed
- ½ Red Onion, cut to fit chute
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
Steps to Prepare
- Combine the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiled, allow to cool slightly before handling.
- While the liquids are cooling, using the Shredder/Slicer attachment, slice the carrots, cucumber, radishes, and onion into a bowl. Add the garlic and mix together.
- Add veggie mixture into a clean large jar, and carefully pour slightly cooled liquid into the jar. Seal the jar tightly with its lid, and shake it around.
- Allow the mixture to cool for about 10 minutes on the counter before refrigerating.
- Eat as soon as you want, or allow flavors to develop in the fridge for a few days.
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.