Creamy Eggplant and Avocado Toast
You can’t go wrong with toast topped with velvety smooth avocado, especially when it’s been leveled up with a creamy and decadent eggplant spread! Garnish your avocado toast with your favorite toppings like paprika, radish slices, and nutrient-packed microgreens.
And since this recipe makes more than enough spread for two generous servings, you can enjoy the eggplant spread as a flavorful and healthy dip!
- 1 Medium Eggplant, with ends removed and cut into quarters to fit the chute
- ½ Yellow Onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced
- ⅓ Cup Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice, plus 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint, chopped
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 2 Slices Whole Grain Bread or Gluten-Free Bread
Steps to Prepare
- Place a medium size bowl underneath the Veggie Bullet chute. With the Slicer attachment, slice all eggplant. Slice the onions into the same bowl.
- In a medium sauté pan on medium heat, add the olive oil and sauté the eggplant and onions for about 3 minutes, or until they start to soften. Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and continue to cook for about 4 minutes until the vegetables are golden brown and caramelized. Remove from heat and place back into the prep bowl to cool.
- Once the vegetables have cooled, add the Greek yogurt, turmeric, lemon juice and zest, and stir. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add half of the eggplant mixture to your Veggie Bullet blender cup and pulse it until it is smooth, but you can still see some chunks. Repeat the same step with the second batch and place into a bowl.
- Spread 1/3 cup of eggplant onto your toast of choice, top with ¼ of an avocado and any additional toppings.
- Top with optional garnishes, like paprika, radishes, and microgreens!
- This recipe makes about 4 cups of spread, so there will be some leftover. Use the leftover eggplant as a dip for snacks, or as your vegetable option for lunch or dinner!