Coconut Flour Zucchini Bread
This yummy Zucchini Bread is the sneakiest way to get your kids to eat their veggies without them knowing it! My coconut flour version of Zucchini Bread is a great option for those who are gluten-intolerant and tree nut-intolerant.
Most bread recipes call for traditional white flour or almond flour, but I have always liked the lightweight texture of coconut flour! Keep in mind that coconut flour soaks up much more moisture, so the ratio when substituting with almond or white flour will not be 1:1. In most cases, you’ll need to double or triple the amount of flour and reduce the amount of eggs.
Find this and other healthy Veggie Bullet recipes by Raquel on Pretty Pretty Pineapple!
- 1 Cup Zucchini, shredded and tightly packed
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup, Agave, or Honey
- ¼ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
- ½ Cup Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a loaf pan with coconut oil or a similar cooking spray.
- Use the Veggie Bullet Shredder blade to shred 1-2 zucchinis. You can also make "zucchini rice" using the Veggie Bullet Spiralizer blade, followed by the Slicer blade.
- In a large mixing bowl or NutriBullet, combine eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly add in coconut flour, making sure to blend thoroughly, followed by baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Lastly, fold in shredded zucchini (and chocolate chips, if desired) with a mixing spoon.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan (and top with pumpkin seeds, if desired).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (can be modified to 25-30 minutes for muffins).
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.