Chicken Zucchini Meatballs
Squeeze more veggies into your daily meals with these succulent chicken and zucchini meatballs! Using fresh zucchini in place of bread crumbs makes this a lighter and healthier dish that the whole family will love. Enjoy the meatballs with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles!
- 1 Large Zucchini, ends removed and cut to fit chute
- ½ Yellow Onion, cut to fit chute
- 1 Pound Organic Ground Chicken
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using the Slicer/Shredder attachment, shred the zucchini into a bowl. Place the zucchini into a cheesecloth or a kitchen towel and ring out all excess liquid. Place back into the bowl.
- Shred the onion into the same bowl and add all remaining ingredients. If mixture feels too wet, add extra almond flour 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency has been reached.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Roll mixture into meatballs, about 1 heaping tablespoon worth of meat per meatball. You can also use a small ice cream scoop to ensure evenly sized meatballs.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.
- Serve over zoodles or cauliflower rice!