Cauliflower Rice Egg in a Hole
Ditch the carbs for this veggie-packed egg-in-a-hole inspired recipe! This eye-catching dish is as much of a conversation piece as it is a unique and healthy breakfast. Fluffy cauliflower rice surrounds the delicious egg with a blend of herbs and spices, making a culinary volcano of flavor. It's full of vitamins and protein with Instagram-ready looks upon serving. Bon Appetit!
- 5 Florets Cauliflower
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill or Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
Steps to Prepare
- Place a medium size bowl underneath the Veggie Bullet chute. Using the shredding attachment, shred the cauliflower. Add the salt, pepper, turmeric, and fresh dill and mix together. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- In a small pan, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil on medium heat, and add the cauliflower rice. Stir, and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, or when the cauliflower starts to soften, form a hole in the center with a spatula, and pat down the cauliflower rice together so it sticks to one another and forms a secure base around the center.
- Crack an egg into the hole, and cook through.
- Slide the cauliflower egg in a hole onto a plate and top with additional fresh dill and serve!
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.