Cauliflower Polenta with Mushroom Ragout
Cauliflower rice is a great ingredient to substitute in many of your favorite classic high-carb dishes. It cooks up in no time and absorbs flavors so well, especially in this creamy polenta dish! Polenta is usually a tedious dish to make but not with cauliflower rice! Top it with a hearty and rich mushroom ragout to add some class and style to your dinner table!
- 1 Head Cauliflower, large
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Yellow Onion, peeled
- 1 Clove Garlic, peeled
- 1 Pound Mixed Mushrooms (cremini, shiitake, white button)
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Cup Full-Fat Canned Coconut Milk
- 4 Leaves Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
Steps to Prepare
- In a medium size pot, bring stock to a boil.
- Place a large mixing bowl underneath the Veggie Bullet chute. Run the cauliflower through the Shredder attachment. Add cauliflower to the boiling stock, and stir consistently with a whisk. Reduce heat to a simmer for an additional 5 minutes until the cauliflower absorbed most of the liquid.
- Place the same large mixing bowl underneath the Veggie Bullet chute with the Slicer/Shredder attachment. With the slicing side facing up, slice the onion, garlic, and mushrooms.
- In a medium sauté pan on medium heat, olive oil and heat for one minute. Add onions, garlic, and salt and sauté for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and stir to combine. Cook until vegetables soften, about 5 additional minutes. Add coconut milk, and stir. Allow the mixture to heat through for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Plate the polenta, pour the ragout over the top, and garnish with fresh basil and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese!
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.