Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
This is cheesy comfort food with a healthy twist! Cauliflower is rich in fiber to keep you full without weighing you down. Combine it with a rich and creamy cheese sauce for an indulgent, yet low-carb side dish to go with your choice of protein.
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cut to fit chute
- 1 Teaspoon Ghee
- ½ Cup Full Fat Unsweetened Coconut Milk, from can
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup Chives, chopped for garnish
Steps to Prepare
- Using the Slicer/Shredder attachment, slice the cauliflower into a bowl.
- In a large sauté pan, add ghee on medium heat. Add cauliflower and cook until slightly soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the chives, stirring occasionally until the milk has heated and the cheese has melted, about 4 minutes.
- Top with chopped chives.
- Serve as a side dish to your favorite protein! For vegan option, use dairy-free shredded cheese instead of real cheddar cheese.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.