Cauliflower and Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza
We got tired of imagining a healthy breakfast pizza, so we created one. And it’s really, really good. Made with cauliflower, potato, cheese, mushrooms and bacon, it’s the perfect breakfast for the pizza lover within. It’s delicious but not heavy – no bread in this recipe! Start your day energized from fresh vegetables rather than tired from carb overload. Add your favorite toppings to create the perfect healthy breakfast pizza.
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cut to fit chute
- 1 Medium Russet Potato, peeled and cut to fit chute
- ⅓ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Salsa, divided in two
- 1 Cup White Button Mushrooms
- 4 Slices Smoked Tempeh or Nitrate-Free Turkey Bacon, divided in two
- 2 Tablespoons Chives, chopped
- 2 Cups Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese or Almond Cheese, shredded
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a medium size glass or microwave safe bowl underneath the Veggie Bullet chute. Using the Shredding attachment, shred all the potato and cauliflower into the bowl, and place into the microwave on high, for 7 minutes. Take it out of the microwave,stir and place back into the microwave for an additional 5 minutes, for a total of 12 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before squeezing the excess liquid out.
- Using a kitchen towel, place the potato and cauliflower mixture inside the middle of the towel, and fold in the sides, to squeeze all liquid out of the potato and cauliflower. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. If you see that your towel is getting too wet, transfer the mixture to another towel and keep squeezing.
- Once all liquid is removed from the potato and cauliflower mixture, place it back into the bowl, and add the cheese, salt, paprika, and egg white and mix. Divide the dough in two, and Form each one into a round circle, like a 6-inch pizza. Bake for 15 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
- Once the crust is done baking, spread salsa over the top of each pizza, and add mushrooms, and turkey bacon and any additional cheese of your choice, and place into the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with fresh chives for garnish and enjoy!
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.