Butternut Squash Burrito Bowls
Get ready to meet your new favorite burrito bowl! Up your bowl game with this recipe that’ll knock your socks off thanks to a hearty helping of butternut squash as the main ingredient, along with black beans and avocado. So much yum that’ll leave you feeling satisfied and energized! Who needs those other burrito bowls anyway?
- 1 Butternut Squash, cut to fit chute
- ½ Head Romaine Lettuce, cut to fit chute
- 1 Teaspoon Avocado Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Filtered Water
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced
- ½ Avocado, diced
- 15 Ounces Canned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges for garnish
- ¼ Cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt (optional)
- ¼ Cup Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- Using the standard Spiralizer Blade, spiralize the butternut squash and set aside.
- Remove the Spiralizer attachment and place the Shredder/Slicer attachment. Using the slicer, slice the romaine lettuce into a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium size pan, add the avocado oil on medium heat. Add the butternut squash noodles to the pan with all seasonings and toss. Cook the noodles until they are soft and slightly browned, about 15 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of water at a time to the pan to help cook the noodles faster.
- Assemble burrito bowls with the butternut squash noodles, lettuce, tomatoes, and beans. Top them with avocado, sprinkle of cheese, dollop of yogurt, cilantro and a fresh squeeze of lime.
- For a vegan option, skip the cheese and yogurt.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.