Brussel Sprout Caesar Salad
Take the classic caesar salad to the next level by making your own caesar dressing from scratch and switching out romaine lettuce for freshly shredded brussel sprouts!
The savory, garlicky and lemony goodness of the homemade paleo dressing goes perfectly with the distinct tastes of brussel sprouts and red onion. Along with roasted sunflower seeds, the sprouts add a satisfying crunch with every flavorful bite!
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts
- ½ Red Onion, peeled
- ½ Cup Basil Leaves, torn
- ½ Cup Sunflower Seeds, roasted and unsalted
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, shaved (optional)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, peeled
- 5 Anchovy Filets
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Egg Yolks
Steps to Prepare
- Secure the shredder/slicer attachment and slice the Brussel sprouts into a large serving bowl.
- Slice the red onion into the same bowl. Tear or roughly chop the basil leaves.
- Add the basil leaves, sunflower seeds, and parmesan cheese, if desired, into the serving bowl.
- To make the dressing, add all remaining ingredients to the Veggie Bullet Blender Cup or NutriBullet Short Cup, twist on the blade, and pulse until ingredients take on a smooth consistency. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Add dressing to the serving bowl and toss all the ingredients until evenly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Don't own a Veggie Bullet yet? Use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, and a knife and cutting board to slice. Expect additional prep time and counter space.