Apple Beet Carrot Muffins
‘Tis the season when grocery store shelves are enticingly lined with pre-packaged, sugary, and preservative-laden muffins geared toward school-aged children. As unhealthful as these packaged options may be, their convenience can be just as tempting to us as they are to our kiddos. With mornings being a rush of alarm clocks ringing, backpacks zipping, and shoes gone missing, it is oftentimes difficult to provide convenient, grab-and-go options for breakfast.
These delicious and filling Apple Beet Carrot Muffins are here to make your mornings easier and healthier! Filled with nutritious ingredients, this sweet treat makes the perfect breakfast snack!
- 1 Cup Apple, shredded
- 1 Cup Beets, shredded
- 1 Cup Carrots, shredded
- 1 ½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour, sifted
- ¼ Cup Flax Meal
- 2 ½ Teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
Steps to Prepare
- Using the grater/shredding attachment for your Veggie Bullet, shred the apple, beets, and carrots into a large bowl.
- Add in the coconut oil, vanilla, eggs, and almond milk.
- Next, add in the flax meal, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Finally, slowly fold in the flour.
- Line and muffin pan with liners and fill each prepared liner about ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.