10-Minute Sweet and Savory Zoodles
After a long day, nothing beats winding down and enjoying a delicious home-cooked meal. For nights when you’re almost too tired to cook, try this quick and easy zucchini noodle recipe that you can get from the kitchen to the dining table in just ten minutes.
This light and healthy “noodle” dish is like a party in your mouth! You get a bit of sweetness from the apples and a nice crunch from the toasted walnuts. Then there’s the tiny kick from the red pepper and the fresh basil that ties it all together.
- 2 Large Zucchinis, ends removed
- ½ Green Apple, cored and sliced thinly
- ¼ Red Onion, cut to fit chute
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 Ounces Chicken Breast, precooked
- ⅓ Cup Walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 Tablespoon Basil Leaves, chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Pepper
Steps to Prepare
- Using the standard spiralizer blade, spiralize each zucchini and place into a bowl.
- Remove the spiralizer attachment, and place on the shredder/slicer attachment. Slice the onions into a small bowl and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breast into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium size sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium heat and add the onions. Sauté for 2 minutes and then add the garlic and stir. Next add some salt and ground black pepper and mix.
- Once the onions and garlic soften, add the chicken and stir. Allow to heat through for about 2 minutes.
- Add the zoodles, walnuts (reserving one tablespoon for garnish), and apple slices and toss together for an additional 2 minutes. Zoodles should be slightly soft, and heated through.
- Divide the zoodles into two bowls and garnish with additional walnuts, basil, and red pepper flakes.
- Don't have a Veggie Bullet? You can use a hand spiralizer to spiralize your fruits and veggies, a food processor to shred and chop, or a knife and cutting board to slice. Just expect to add additional prep time and use more counter space.